From the starting points in both Wooster and Mansfield, the WooMan will include 50 mile routes that will meet at The Winfield Bed & Breakfast in Ashland, OH.
Built in 1876, nestled in the heart of Ashland County’s verdant farmland and amid sweeping lawns and lush gardens, The Winfield proudly displays its rich Italianate architectural heritage and makes for a perfect rest stop as riders turn back to their starting points on the 50 mile rides or continue through on the 100 mile rides.
Enjoy food and beverages at the start, finish and rest stops along the way. Dedicate your ride to someone in your life with a special commemoration opportunity along the route.
Registration: 7 a.m.
Start: 8 a.m.
Last Bike Out: 10 a.m.
The Historic Ohio State Reformatory is the “Home of the film Shawshank Redemption.”
One of the top five largest castle-like structures in the USA, the Reformatory houses the world's tallest free-standing steel cell block (6 tiers; 12 ranges, 600 cells). Four major motion pictures have been filmed there- Tango and Cash, Harry and Walter Go To New York, Air Force One and Shawshank Redemption. Considered a grand architectural achievement, the massive Reformatory building, large granite pillars and elegant construction encompass 250,000+ square feet and combine three architectural styles: Victorian Gothic, Richardsonian Romanesque, and Queen Anne.
Pick Your Course
- WooMan: 50 miles from Wooster or Mansfield to Ashland and back
- WooMan 100: 100 miles from Wooster to Mansfield and back or Mansfield to Wooster and back
- WooMan Recreational Ride: 20 miles in and around Wooster or Mansfield
- WooMan also offers 25 mile routes….not ready to cycle 50 miles, but want to try more than 20 miles? The 25 miles from either starting location (Wooster or Mansfield) to The Winfield Bed & Breakfast in Ashland can fit this need! We have SAG Support to take you back home (after enjoying the festivities at the rest stop).
Course Path & Distances Courtest of MapMyRide.com
- 50 Mile Ride - Wooster to Ashland and back
- 50 Mile Ride - Mansfield to Ashland and back
- 100 Mile Ride - Wooster to Mansfield and back
- 100 Mile Ride - Mansfield to Wooster and back
- 20 Mile Ride (Actually end up being 25 miles)- Wooster Area
- 20 Mile Ride - Mansfield Area
Due to chip and seal, Bill Buchwalter of RideOn in Wooster is tweaking the six routes this week. As soon as we have the routes finalized on Thursday, we will post them via MapMyRide here an on our Facebook Page. Thank you for your patience.
* Targeted pledge levels are goals for fundraising, but not required. Our objective is to raise money for breast cancer education and awareness so think of it this way: Can you get people to pledge $1 per mile? That’s how easy it could be to raise $20, $50 or even $100 for the cause! Any cyclist securing $250 or more in pledges for Breast Cancer education and awareness will receive a complimentary WooMan cycling jersey (a $69 value).
The pink “twisted spoke” bracelet will be for sale for $12, the day of the event (September 15, 2013). All proceeds from the bracelet will benefit Breast Cancer education and awareness.